Neon Blow was created as part of the first assignment of my ‘Mobile Games Programming’ Unit of my Games Technology course at Bournemouth university.
The brief was focused on creating a mobile side scroller shoot’em up, with a theme already in place.
We had to include:
- Swipe Movement
- Three Enemies – Which move differently
- Multi-touch gesture recognition to activate a bomb
- Life/Bomb pickups
- Auto firing Bullets
- Collision with bullets and walls
- Procedural generated walls
- Procedurally editing meshes (Walls)
- Radial health bars
- Score multiplier
- Background made from particles