Spacial A 2D Multiplayer Game
This was what I created for our Mobile Games assignment in the second year of my degree at Bournemouth University.
I used Unity, PUN, MySQL and PHP that was running an external server. I did not get time complete the actual game as I was focusing on the authentication and main functionality of the multiplayer.
We had to create a game that contained the following:
- Touches and gestures
- At least one of the 3 sensors (gyro, accelerometer or GPS)
- Your own shader
- Adapt for any screen size
- Data persistence
- User interface
Here are a list of my most notable features:
- PHP + MySQL Authentication Backend
- Hashing class to easily return a hash of a string.
- Implementing PUN (Photon Unity Networking)
I particularly enjoyed implementing the authentication system.
For this assignment I was awarded a 1st